Teapot Valley Choral Camp is New Zealand’s premier non-auditioned choral school.
Typically about 70–80 choristers get together every January to work with a wonderful choral conductor to make beautiful music in a beautiful setting. If we want, we can get individual coaching from a highly qualified teacher for no extra charge. We perform a wide range of music from classical European Great Works through to shorter contemporary works, including music by New Zealand composers. For the duration of the camp we enjoy great company and copious food, and have fun making other music in small groups or just lazing about in one of the most stunning parts of New Zealand.
Some of us are hooked and turn up every year to recharge our batteries – we’d love to share the magic of Teapot with you.
Enjoy the finest professional training through:
- Three rehearsals with the conductor each day plus smaller group sessions as needed
- Daily warm-ups and brief clinics with a top voice specialist
- Your own private voice production session
Have fun at the in-house cabaret:
- Perform a musical item, recitation, sketch parody or anything you like whether on your own or with others
- Or just enjoy the talent on offer in the very informal show
Join in other activities during your free time, such as:
- On-campus evening entertainment
- Swimming in the open air pool, tennis, fierce and friendly board and card games
Young singers very welcome:
- The Inga Lane Legacy Award and the Ruth Vause Memorial Award are both offered to support young singers
- Subsidised places are also available for young people
Future Teapot VALLEY CHORAL CAMPS
Mark your diaries!12-21 January 2024 | Conductor Tecwyn Evans
12-19 January 2025 | Conductor Ebbe Munk