The Teapot Summer School is run by the NZCCO Trust.
Donations to the Trust are tax deductible and welcome! Please consider including a bequest to the trust in your will.
Up to 90 choristers get together every January to work with a wonderful international choral conductor to make beautiful music in a beautiful setting. Individual coaching sessions from a highly qualified teacher are an option for all choristers at no extra charge. For nine days we enjoy great company, copious food and have fun making other music in small groups or just lazing about in one of the most stunning parts of New Zealand.
Many Teapotters return year after year but every year there are new faces.
Over the 19 years of the Teapot Summer School our repertoire has included:
- Artley Ave Maria, O Magnum Mysterium
- Bach Magnificat and Mass in B minor
- Bortniansky Concertos 9 and 24
- Brahms German Requiem
- Britten Rejoice in the Lamb
- Donizetti Requiem
- Duruflé Requiem
- Gounod Messe solennelle de Ste Cecile
- Grieg Ave Maris Stella
- Karl Jenkins The Armed Man
- Constant Lambert Rio Grande
- Handel Coronation Anthems and O Praise the Lord with One Consent
- Haydn The Nelson Mass and The Mass in Time of War
- Lauridsen O Magnum Mysterium, Sure on This Shining Night and Lux Aeterna
- Mozart Requiem and Mass in C minor
- Nielsen Motets
- Parry Blest Pair of Sirens
- Pärt The Beatitudes
- Puccini Messa di Gloria
- Purcell I Was Glad and Funeral Sentences for Queen Mary
- Rossini Petite messe solennelle
- Rutter Magnificat and Gloria
- Vaughan Williams Five Folk-Song Arrangements and Mass in G minor
- Victoria Vadam et circuibo and Ave Maria
- Whitacre Alleluia
- Jonathan Willcocks A Great and Glorious Victory
Our list of resident conductors since 2001 is:
Future Teapot Summer Schools
Mark your diaries!
10-19 January 2020 | Conductor Ben Parry, UK
9-18 January 2021 | Conductor Ebbe Munk, Denmark