ENROLMENT FOR THE TWENTY-FIRST ANNUAL TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL
14 – 23 JANUARY 2023 BRIGHTWATER, NELSON
Registrations for Teapot Summer School 2023 opened on Thursday 28 July, 2022.
We ask you to indicate which of the enrolment options will apply to you to assist with our planning, but no payments will be accepted until October 1, 2022.
The school will start at 7 pm on Saturday 14 January 2023 with registration open at 4 pm. The school will conclude with a concert in the evening of Monday 23 January. Those participants living in at the Teapot Valley Camp will continue to have accommodation at the camp until departing early on Tuesday 24 January. More detailed joining notes will be made available in due course.
Teapot Summer School fees are made up of two components:
- The charges made by the Teapot Valley Christian Camp for ten nights’ accommodation and meals.
- A charge to cover all other costs such as conductor, vocal coach, soloist and accompanist fees, music hire, concert costs etc.
Those willing to pay part or all of their fees early can benefit from a discounted (Early Bird) price.
For 2023 we are also introducing for the first time, thanks to generous donors, the Teapot Summer School Music Grants. We particularly welcome applicants whose personal circumstances may prevent them from enrolling at the summer school.
1. Residential: $1375 ($1250 with discount) – accommodation on site with all meals.
2. Non-residential with meals: $1060 ($965 with discount) – includes all lunches and dinners on site.
3. Non-residential, no meals: $825 ($750 with discount) – includes Tuesday lunch and dinner and dinner prior to the cabaret.
4. Young people’s scholarships: $880 ($800 with scholarship) – up to 12 places for people aged 15-23, including accommodation on site and all meals.
Paying the Early Bird Price
The early bird arrangement is as follows:
$400 deposit (non-refundable) to be paid by the Early Bird End Date which is 15 October 2022, and balance of lower fee payable by 7 January 2023.
After the early bird end date, the full fee must be paid.
Payment by monthly instalments can be arranged – email us.
Other refunds (apart from the $400 early bird deposit) at the discretion of the TSST Board.
The last date for enrolments is 7 January 2023.
- Residential enrolments for bunk rooms may be limited to prevent over-crowding.
- The trust reserves the right when there are events beyond the Trust’s control to cancel the 2023 Summer School without compensation.
THE TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL CODE OF CONDUCT
To protect all participants (singers and the Music Leadership Team) of the Teapot Summer School, and to protect the Teapot Summer School Trust, we require registrants (and their parents or guardians if they are under 18 years old) to read and agree to the Code of Conduct 2023.