ENROLMENT FOR THE TWENTY-FIRST ANNUAL TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL
14 – 23 JANUARY 2023 BRIGHTWATER, NELSON
The school will start at 7 pm on Saturday 14 January 2023 with registration open at 4 pm. The school will conclude with a concert in the evening of Monday 23 January. Those participants living in at the Teapot Valley Camp will continue to have accommodation at the camp until departing early on Tuesday 24 January. More detailed joining notes will be made available in due course.
Teapot Summer School fees are made up of two components
- The charges made by the Teapot Valley Christian Camp for accommodation and meals
- A charge to cover all other costs such as conductor, vocal coach, soloist and accompanist fees, music hire, concert costs etc.
The “other costs” component of the fees has remained fixed since the inception of the Summer School twenty years ago. Over the years, prices for those things have risen and additional costs have been incurred such as insurance, website development and maintenance, and additional advertising to keep registrant numbers up. The Trust is now regretfully at the point of having to raise that component of the fees if it is to remain viable.
The 2022 fees are shown below to assist prospective registrants with planning.
1. Residential: 2023 fees TBA, 2022 fees $1271 ($1155 early bird price) – accommodation on site with all meals.
2. Non-residential with meals: 2023 fees TBA, 2022 fees $946 ($860 early bird price) – includes all lunches and dinners on site.
3. Non-residential, no meals: 2023 fees TBA, 2022 fees $737 ($665 early bird price) – includes Tuesday lunch and dinner and dinner prior to the cabaret.
4. Young people’s scholarships: 2023 fees TBA, 2022 fees $776 ($705 early bird price) – up to 12 places for people aged 15-23, including accommodation on site and all meals.
Paying the Early Bird Price
Those willing to pay part or all of their fees early can benefit from a lower registration fee. The early bird arrangement is as follows:
$400 deposit (non-refundable) to be paid by the early bird end date, TBA (usually in October) and balance of lower fee payable by 7 January 2023.
After the early bird end date, the full fee must be paid.
Payment by monthly instalments can be arranged – email us.
Other refunds (apart from the $400 early bird deposit) at the discretion of the TSST Board.
The last date for enrolments is 7 January 2023.
- Residential enrolments for bunk rooms may be limited to prevent over-crowding.
- The Camp fee component is reduced by $45 for those using tents, caravans and campers. If camping is attractive to you, we encourage you take this option as it will reduce crowding in the bunk rooms.
- The trust reserves the right when there are events beyond the Trust’s control to cancel the 2023 Summer School without compensation.
THE TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL CODE OF CONDUCT
To protect all participants (singers and the Music Leadership Team) of the Teapot Summer School, and to protect the Teapot Summer School Trust, we require registrants (and their parents or guardians if they are under 18 years old) to read and agree to a Code of Conduct.