ENROLMENT FOR THE TWENTY-FIRST ANNUAL TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL
14 – 23 JANUARY 2022 BRIGHTWATER, NELSON
The information on this page relates to the cancelled 2022 Teapot Summer School. It will be replaced in due course with updated information for Teapot 2023. It is retained for now as it may be useful to potential 2023 registrants.
Programme runs from 7pm Friday 14 January (registration from 4pm) until approximately 4:30pm Sunday 23 January. Please see these Joining Notes for more detailed information.
Teapot Summer School fees are made up of two components
- The charges made by the Teapot Valley Christian Camp for accommodation and meals
- A charge to cover all other costs such as conductor, vocal coach, soloist and accompanist fees, music hire, concert costs etc.
The “other costs” component of the fees has remained fixed since the inception of the Summer School twenty years ago. Over the years, prices for those things have risen and additional costs have been incurred such as insurance, website development and maintenance, and additional advertising to keep registrant numbers up. The Trust is now regretfully at the point of having to raise that component of the fees if it is to remain viable.
1. Residential: $1271 ($1155 early bird price) accommodation on site with all meals.
2. Non-residential with meals $946 ($860 early bird price) includes all lunches and dinners on site.
3. Non-residential, no meals: $737 ($665 early bird price) includes Tuesday lunch and dinner and dinner prior to the cabaret.
4. Young people’s scholarships: $776 ($705 early bird price) up to 12 places for people aged 15-23, including accommodation on site and all meals.
Paying the Early Bird Price
Those willing to pay part or all of their fees early can benefit from a lower registration fee. The early bird arrangement is as follows:
$400 deposit (non-refundable) to be paid by 15th October 2021 and balance of lower fee payable by 7 January 2022.
After 15th October, the full fee must be paid.
Payment by monthly instalments can be arranged – email us.
In the case of cancellation due to Covid-19, the Board will refund each registrant the full amount paid, less $40 for administration costs. This amount will assist the Board in recovering some of the costs incurred in the organisation of TSS 2022. As at 23rd August, TSST Board advise that Teapot Summer School will only take place if New Zealand is at Covid Alert Level 1. In the event of changes to the requirements at different Alert Levels, TSST Board will update this page as soon as practicable and will be in email contact with those singers who have already booked.
Other refunds (apart from the $400 early bird deposit) at the discretion of the TSST Board.
The last date for enrolments is 7 January 2022.
- Residential enrolments for bunk rooms may be limited to prevent over-crowding.
- The Camp fee component is reduced by $45 for those using tents, caravans and campers. If camping is attractive to you, we encourage you take this option as it will reduce crowding in the bunk rooms.
THE TEAPOT SUMMER SCHOOL CODE OF CONDUCT
To protect all participants (singers and the Music Leadership Team) of the Teapot Summer School, and to protect the Teapot Summer School Trust, we require registrants (and their parents or guardians if they are under 18 years old) to read and agree to a Code of Conduct.